Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

CRM Like Field Data Actions Needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Brehaut
5 - Automation Enthusiast

A Twitter handle won’t launch Twitter
Can’t seem to add a photo of a person

Forwarded Contacts show subject as “Check out this record from the “Contacts” Table” (that could be better)

Transfer a contact? That format useful to bring into other apps? probably not like a VCF)

Can’t change the layout of the IOS design. I.e. the First, Last Name and Email take up too much room, can’t they be just across one line?

Thanks

3 Comments
Steve_Brehaut

I see I can add a Image as an attachment, but I have to have a field name to set it up (pic) why require that for something self evident? I also can’t place this field item first (above First Name which is locked)

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

The advantage of Airtable is that it is extremely flexible. The disadvantage is that YOU MUST customize it to your needs.

Also, as it is a database manager, same features as Export Contact does not exist, as not all users will need them.

You can paste the full profile URL, or even add a Formula field that automatically builds it.

You send a Record, Airtable does not know what kind of items you will store in them.

You can export as CSV, that you can import in some contacts manager. Also, it is easy convertible to other formats.

You can add as many Attachment fields as you want, maybe a main photo and other field to other photos. Or even other kind of attachments, like a resume for instance.

You can’t move other fields to be the Primary Field. You could customize it to other field types, but attachment is not supported. Anyway, in many places at Airtable the images are shown.

I recommend you to check the guide: https://guide.airtable.com/

Also, there are several CRM templates that you could base yours on:

Steve_Brehaut

Elias, thanks for those point for point responses. Very helpful/informative. I’m getting more used to the prospect of using Airtable for a personal CRM. Still prototyping and seeing how it can be molded to my needs.