Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Custom Record Input Screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

New to Airtable. I’m looking for a customizable record input screen and can’t seem to find one, so I guess this is a product suggestion. I’d like to be able to enter all fields in a record on one configurable screen, not have to scroll down an expanded record view or scroll across grid view. Basically a Page Designer for inputting records, not just displaying. When you are finished populating the fields and hit Enter, a new screen will pop up with fields blank ready for input. This is pretty standard stuff in DB programs, I am not seeing it here. Thanks!

27 Comments
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Jim_Graziano - you were in the right place for support on our website, i got your message there.

Thank you for bringing up that issue regarding single/multiple select fields - it currently does not support creating new options on the fly. That will be coming in either the next release or the one after.

Regarding starter plan, you can find details here: Starter Plan Details | On2Air Support

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the reply. What do you think the time frame is for this? It really does make Amplify pretty useless for me if I have to leave the layout to enter data in the Select fields. Maybe I can figure out a workaround for now. I have a feeling I am not the only one who will feel this way!

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We may be talking about different things. I’ve moved this conversation over to our support.

Alex_Backer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

While airtable doesn’t have such an option I use a simple screen recording software.

PaulinoPo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

which software do you use?

Jim_Graziano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Amplify app for Airtable. By On2Air.

Jim
Please excuse mis-spellings and/or brevity.

Alex_Backer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Nothing special. While airtable doesn’t have such an option I use simple screen recording software. I need it cause I often enter some webinars and to not forget some precious information I open this software and record laptops screen. It’s simple and fast and actually saves me money (cause I won’t need to buy the same course one more time, due to the fact I forgot some detailes).