Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Delete unused / combine duplicates in single/multiple select fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desiree_Snoek
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d love to see an option that scoops out which items of a list are not in use (anymore) and enables me to delete all these options from the list in one click.

I’d also like to be able to combine values in the single & multiple select fields. Especially when you have accidentally added a bunch of records and made a typo in the field, which will then have caused a new option to be created. Ideally I’d open up the Customize field type screen, select two or more values and hit a button ‘combine’.

I’ve been using the collectorz.com programs to catalogue my books & dvds for years and they have this option available, it’s an option that I highly appreciate and would love to see here, too!

1 Comment
Jonathan_Leung
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want this too! The solutions I ended up doing so I could have it was was instead of using a Single Select, I just linked to another table.

My setup:

Tasks Table

• Name
  • Link to Task Type

Task Type Table

• Name
  • Link to Tasks
  • Count

From the Task Type Table, I can easily tell which “Task Types” are not being used because of the Count field.