Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Difficult to use with touchscreen even on 15" laptop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donna_Cavalier
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Perhaps other views are more touch-friendly, but grid-view is almost impossible to work with on my 15" laptop touch screen. It’s not even a matter of size. I can enlarge the screen so that cells are larger than my finger, but that doesn’t help. The scrollbars pretty much don’t work at all when dragging them on screen, and I can’t swipe through to unseen areas of the grid. Basically, it’s just not built for using with touchscreen, but it should be. Don’t think just in terms of mobile or small tablets. Recognize the need to use this on large touch screens as well. It should just work.

40 Comments
Jesse_Messenger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeah, I agree - or maybe Airtable can release why it is a restriction so another developer can integrate some sort of app which would resolve this? I tried with the Windows app and it didn’t work either. It has been two years since this was reported. Airtable is fantastic software - it would be awesome to have this with me on my Surface.

Jonathan_Barrow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

same issue here on a surface pro, cant scroll at all

Michael_Wright
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, I too am having the same problem. I walk around my furniture store and track all sales through a pipeline managed by air table. I can’t Scroll while holding my tablet. It’s the only HTML site where scrolling doesn’t work on a surface for me.

Kumar_Indresh

one workaround is to expand the record you want to edit - it scrolls vertically when expanded

Nash_Rekkas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Nov 2018 and this still has yet to addressed.

I’m trying to get my whole company in on Airtable, but this is one of the issues holding them back, alongside the bugginess of the android app.

Jared_LeClaire
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m curious if touch support is in the roadmap at all for Airtable? Myself and my team have heavily invested into Airtable for organization but the lack of proper touchscreen support and marginal utility of the iOS app is really holding us back and I’m starting to look for alternatives.

Would be great to hear from someone on the Airtable team on this issue soon.

Robert_Laing

Jared I wouldn’t count on it, as I reported this bug around two years ago…

b80b11203d97fe01c5597ca3be70406ea48f5709.gif

Justin_Harris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wow I’m surprised to have found this still active after 2 years

My poor surface doesn’t play well with airtable because of this issue. Google sheets is able to scroll in both directions.

David_Feigenbau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using a Lenovo X1 to drive multiple monitors through a Sonnet puck. Touch pad scrolling on my X1 works vertically just as you would wish. Yet when I unplug from the Sonnet puck and use the X1 alone with its own single display I cannot scroll. I wonder if this would help someone figure out a fix?

David_Feigenbau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

And here’s another point. I found that on an Airtable that would not scroll using the touchpad on my X1 (Windows 10) in an Edge browser, it scrolled fine in a Google Chrome browser. Try changing browsers.