Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display Linked Image in Field/Cell

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

When a given field/cell contains a URL to an image file, it should display as the image or thumbnail of image, not as a text hyperlink.

This is particularly important if using URL formulas to ping barcode-generation APIs. We get the barcodes we need, but we canโ€™t bring them back into Airtable.

Of course, this is all a workaround for the fact that the Barcode field format is input-only. It can do barcode-to-string, but not string to barcode; at least what I can tell.

I hope there is momentum behind this use-case; I imagine everyone managing any sorta inventory needs barcode images in-line, and ideally scannable once printed.

Thank you.

2 Comments
Brett_Snelgrove
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I concur. In Google Sheets you can use the Image and Hyperlink formulas together to dynamically put in an image from a URL. For AirTable to be on par with other tools it would be great if it could do the same.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

As a workaround solution, you can use this extension to auto-upload URLs to an attachment field.