Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display Lookup Field on Forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_A
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need to view reference data in order to complete my form.

I saw another request for this back in 2016. Is this feature anywhere on the roadmap?

Thank you,
Ken

26 Comments
Nick_Bergthold

+1 for this feature!

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Could you explain with an use case? I don’t get it :blush:

Ken_A

If you are completing a form that includes a record link, you might select a person’s name and then you might want to be able to see what the person’s favorite color is, without leaving the form. If the form could pull the favorite color data over after you selected the person’s name, that would be great.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Here’s another typical example…

You enter a product and quantity and want to see a total price - the form should be able to look up the price per item and show the calculated total - in other words, not only have look up fields showing but also formula fields.

Anthony_Pelosi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is exactly what I need, though for a unique purpose, so definitely upvoting it!

Here’s my use case…

Depending on the selection of a link to another record, I would like to display a lookup on that field. The link to the record is a list of options, and the lookup is a URL specific to that option. I’ve got about 200 option / URL pairs. The URL is needed by the form submitter before they submit the form.

So in summary, could really benefit from having the option to display lookup fields and formula fields (both read only) on a Form that dynamically updates based on the selection of other user selectable fields on the form.

Greg_Ashby

+1 for this as well.

My use case: I have a form for operators to log a maintenance activity. When they pick the specific maintenance activity they did (from another table), the form needs to show the Instructions so they read them and ensure they covered all the needed steps. Currently there’s no way to show this information on the form.

Friends_of_Slov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 as well. This looks like something we could use as well. I am building an external form to add data (as normal), but want a search field in that form that can be used to verify the data doesn’t exist yet in our records. The person entering the data in the form would not have full backend access to check–only has access to the form.

Tech_Support
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another Example for Education Environments. Having a student input their email into the form and then output their student ID Numbers, lunch balance, print allowance etc…

Sergejs_Dauksts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yep, this feature would complete our onboarding and offboarding forms.
We need it in a way to see which person which accesses had. so we could make sure those are revoked.

Adrian_Franco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

:point_up: Any word on this?