Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display Lookup Field on Forms

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ken_A
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need to view reference data in order to complete my form.

I saw another request for this back in 2016. Is this feature anywhere on the roadmap?

Thank you,
Ken

26 Comments
Michael_Taylor

+1 for this.

My use case would be product numbers followed by serial numbers.

For example, an operator needs to choose the product, then the specific serial number for that product since there could be multiple of one product.

MonkeyDoctor

Another road block in my plans! The data is there, just canโ€™t display it! (Upvote)

Use case: Worker needs to fill out a form verifying some data, need to display data first for him to check โ€œyes I verified itโ€ while heโ€™s entering some other relevant fields.

C_Boyd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

PLUS 1 for this feature!

Use case: Contact updating their information. Would like to be able to have them just check โ€œyes, my current information is correct,โ€ but canโ€™t display information!

Roy_Bax
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes we would like this feauture too.

Use case: We select a car in the database. The lookup field then shows which features the car should have.

aramko_aramko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

the form should be able to look up the price per item and show the calculated total - in other words, not only have look up fields showing but also formula fields.

Quentin_Aellen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would need this feature badly for better orientation in the forms with related information and such

David_Weigle

This would be a great feature to add for the Asset Tracking System that I am currently creating. The idea is that when the student scans their ID to check equipment in or out, their name would pop up in a read-only field.

Nora_Brown
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be an excellent feature.
Use-case: We have a form input field for โ€œClass IDโ€ that is a Lookup field. It would be great to have this pull in the name of the class via lookup, for verification.

Even better would be the ability to display the lookup info next to the lookup field (so the person could identify the right class based on the class name, not just ID)

Mark_Ryder
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was looking at Airtable for an inspections app and see that with this missing, we need to look elsewhere.

Need a form or ios to scan a barcode, use that code to look up and show item info in the form, then add additional info and save.

Looks like this isnโ€™t possible on 2 levels - firstly combining a barcode field and then using that value as a link field doesnโ€™t seem to be supported - link fields canโ€™t be calculated or a barcode as well, at least not that Iโ€™ve found yet.

Then as suggested here, a form entry canโ€™t โ€˜look upโ€™ and save data from a linked table.

kalenjordan

+1 for this I have some description data that is relevant to the form submission that I need to display on the form.