Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Drag and Drop Line Items Between Tables

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mike_Vannelli
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be awesome to be able to drag and drop line items to other table tabs. For instance, my main table tab is for current projects and my second table tab is for finished items. It would be nice to be able to just drag the line item into the other table. Right now, the only way to do this is to highlight the row in my first table, copy it, go to my second table, paste it then go back to my first table and delete the row.

1 Comment
Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

If you want a workflow where items are transferred from one list to another based on their status, we recommend using separate views within the same table, or grouped views, rather than using separate tables.

You can set up a select field or checkbox field to represent an itemโ€™s status, and set up a view filtered to current projects and a view filtered to finished projects. When you mark an project as finished, it is automatically removed from the former view and added to the latter view.

You can also group a view by the status field, which allows you to drag a record from the current projects group into the finished projects group.