Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Easy View for formulas a field is used in

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Taylor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be nice to have an easy way to see what other fields a certain field is being used in.
Ex: If I have a field called Start date and this field is used in the formulas for three other fields, it would be nice to be able to click on the Start date field and see what those other fields are.

Otherwise, if I need to check where a field is used, I end up having to check all 200 other formula fields in my table (not to mention the other tables in the base that may be using lookup/rollup fields)

4 Comments
Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Huge +1 on this suggestion. I have a very similar scenario to the one described by @Taylor and it has become very complicated to update fields that might be used in formulas.

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Idk how long has this been a thing but Airtable does expose the data you want through the Scripting app as of right now.

Here, drop this into any base for a quick report on your formula interdependencies:

base.tables.forEach(Table=>{

Table.fields.filter(f=>f.type==='formula')
    .forEach((fField,i) => {

if(!i)
            output.markdown(`# ${Table.name}`);
const refFields = fField.options.referencedFieldIds
output.markdown(`Field **${fField.name}** is referenced by ${refFields.length} field${refFields.length!==1?'s':''}.`)

if(refFields.length)
            output.table(refFields.map(v=>v={id:v,name:Table.getField(v).name}))

})
});

In action:

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thr Field List app shows this information with a premium license. You can learn more on my website.

Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

THank you so much, it works like a charm!