Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Edit Record Form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

My plans for Airtable seem to have hit a wall. Can’t see to find a way to customize viewing and editing single records. I need to be able to choose a form to display when I open a single record.

• specify how and where fields appear
  • hide (or enable) the log column at the right
  • control visible and editable states with permissions
  • change how linked records display (a mini form)
  • change fonts
  • configure “share to” action

Is this that something that may be in the works?

Thanks!
Donald Newlands

3 Comments
Chris_Larson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I put in the same request for this feature a few weeks ago, in addition to being able to create customized Print forms. Didn’t seem to be of much interest on their end, or indication that they would consider it a workable change.

So far, I’ve been able to use Airtable for personal use. But can’t quite get wrap myself around committing to it for my business use without being able to customize viewing and printing features.

Patrick_Davis

We are looking at Airtable vs Quickbase right now. Airtable has a lot of much nicer features like inline photo viewing and ease of use. Plus the price point is much nicer.

However not being able to edit the individual record views is a MAJOR hurdle for me. Quickbase handles this feature well and it is seamless as you are setting up your apps there. I need to be able to edit and layout individual records so that you can easily see data. Right now it is a random mess when you view a record.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built this tool that allows you to use Airtable form to edit records.
Edit Existing Records with Airtable Forms