Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Embed/link to individual records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Bob_Specht
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Iโ€™d find it quite useful to be able to embed and/or link to individual records. Ideally, this would be without sharing an entire table.

8 Comments
Bob_Specht

Would also be cool if these supported Open Graph and Onebox, thus able to show (partial) records in many places and/or a forum like this.

Andrew
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey Bob,

Interesting, right now you can email a single record but I can see how it could also be useful to embed a single record. Weโ€™ll keep this in mind.

Jon_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this!

Especially in combination with views and Zapierโ€” email single record views to appropriate team member upon a form submission.

Also great for keeping permissions tightโ€”would enable exposing single records in a conversation across team members.

paul_phillips
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I support this request too, embedding a single record would be useful and save on duplicate data

Iโ€™d prefer the layout to be vertical rather than a single row horizontal table.

John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Reviving this conversation. I currently generate record URLs for each record in a table. It takes the form:

https://airtable.com/tableID/viewID/recordID

It would be much better for my UI if I could embed this URL in text. While I agree with the original post that it would be ideal to do this without sharing the entire table, it would be a good first step for my purposes just to have the embed/link capability on its own.

Is this currently possible? If not, please consider this an ongoing feature request. Thanks!

Jack

Chris_Connelly

agreed. My 14 day trial expires tomorrow and this is the one thing thats making me not want to renew

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would help me a lot when sharing research findings or creating research reports where I want to embed individual records, ideally with formatting options.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built an extension that allows you to share a URL for your individual records.

Share Public Link for Individual Airtable Record