Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Embedding only some tables and views in a base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andy_Conlin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There are embeddable views and the ability to embed a whole base. A great additional feature would be a hybrid of the twoโ€”the ability to embed multiple tables (and views within those tables).

For instance, we have a partner companies base with tables for Companies, Contacts, Tests, etc. I would like to embed this table on an internal site for colleagues to have access too, but only need to share with them the Companies and Contacts tables. In addition, there are several individual views in the Companies table and there is only the need to make two of these visible in this embed (and could get by with one).

Currently, the way to do this, as I see, is to either embed the whole base or embed two views separatelyโ€”one with the Companies table and one with the Contacts table. A cleaner solution would be the ability for the base owner to select views and tables for inclusion when choosing settings for the embedding of a base.

Do any of you have another use case scenario for such a feature?

1 Comment
Scott_Bleackley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, I agree with this feature request. While it stands on its own it also would partly deal with the issue of not being able to hide tables. Although that would not limit the share to specific views, which goes above and beyond.

Both embedding multiple views and/or tables in a share, and
being able to hide, yes and colour, tables would be most welcome additions.

Any alternate approaches or suggestions are most welcome