Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Enable form progress to be saved so that various users can contribute to one same form

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
joeverton
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

When inputting a form on Airtable, allow for progress to be saved on that form so that various users can contribute to one same form.

How does it solve the user problems?

When having forms filled in that requires info from multiple parties, it means multiple forms do not have to be filled in.

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Everyone

4 Comments
brwilhelm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! I agree - this is a highly needed feature for forms. Using a prefilled link as a work-around to update a record creates a lot of complexity within the base that could be avoided with a save form progress feature. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Great suggestion! In the meantime, there are 3 external form products that you can use with Airtable that offer the ability to save and resume form progress:

1. Fillout -- this is currently the most powerful form app for Airtable, because it integrates natively with your Airtable bases.

2. Cognito Forms -- you can integrate this with Airtable using Make.

3. JotForm -- you can also integrate this with Airtable using Make.

Jordan514
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can already do this natively in airtable with pretty high configurability and prefilled information for parts of the form.

Example: 1 Base with 2 Tables called "client info" and "support tickets"

In this example I'll demonstrate how multiple users can collaborate on a form to create a support ticket for a client while also using pre-existing fields (like their email) from that client for the ticket.

1. Create additional fields in the "client info" table for each question on your form, I start every field with a "T-" so I know its a field for the form
    1. "T-Issue Type" - Single Select Dropdown
    2. "T-What Trouble shooting have you tried so far" - Rich Test
    3. "T-Submit form" - Boolean
    4. "Last User Modified" - Last User Modified
  2. Create an automation that has a "matches conditions" trigger for when "T-Submit form" = True
    1. First Module = Update Record from the trigger so that "T-Submit form" = False as well as all other "T-" ticket fields from the client table are cleared out
    2. Second Module = Create Record using variables from the initial trigger that includes all from answer fields as well as the "client email" field. The "Last User Modified" user is added to the record as the ticket submitter.
  3. Create a blank interface page and add a "client info" record picker
  4. Use the record picker as a dependency to add all the "T-" fields and a button that updates that records "T-Submit form" field to True

Objective Complete

P.S.

If you didn't need any information from the client like "client email" and all your form data will come from scratch then just do all those steps in its own table called "Forms"

paulo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi. I'd like to suggest an alternative option that also integrates with Airtable. The miniExtensions Form includes a convenient save and continue feature, which can be beneficial for your specific use case.