Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Expanded record view customisation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Feature request
It would be great if the expanded record view could be customised separately from the grid view. From a UX perspective, it doesn’t make sense to set the field view of the expanded single record to the field view of the entire table of records. The use case for the grid view is distinct from the expanded record view e.g. I want to see more columns of data in the grid view which may guide me to the record. Since the expanded record is effectively a form view, the layout and default fields should be further custom. I guess this is similar to what Stacker.app are doing but it would be good to have it native in Airtable.

5 Comments
Laura_Toledo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d love this functionality to be able to create section headers and better organize data sets.

Jesus_Perez-Mir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I totally agree with you on this! I would definitely love to see this feature added, as I’m trying to build a VFX database but I’m afraid this limitation is a deal breaker…

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 20.59.32

As you can see, only the first 3 columns of my linked records (VFX Elements) are shown in the expanded view of the VFX Shot record. I need to display more info to be able to deliver this as a “Count Sheet” for the VFX House. I believe that other databases like Ninox allow for this kind of customisation, but I wanted to give Airtable a try before switching to what seems a more complex toolset.

Well, if anybody has any suggestion to work around this issue, it would be very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hendrik_Yang
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I would like to have subtable or subform for linked records!

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you’re trying to expand linked records on a form, this is possible in our app. We built an advanced form for Airtable that allows you to expand linked records in a subform when you click on them.

Hendrik_Yang
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi Moe,

How do I remove duplicate bases?