Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Export Grouped Records as Separate Files

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I really like the recent addition of the grouped records function. It came at a really perfect time and has been very useful for my application. I can use it to slice my data set in really functional ways. The problem comes when I want to export the data in my grouped view. I would have expected that the records that are grouped to be somehow separated when the download CSV button was pressed.

At the moment, the entire list is downloaded in a single file without any distinction between groups. This is problematic when the fields that are used to group the records in AirTable are hidden.

I would expect that each group might have their own CSV, or that the single CSV would have a ghost row which would separate the groups and mimic the look of the grouped records in excel.

6 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I agree with this - grouped records should still be grouped in the downloaded file!

It may be better if downloads were directly into Excel format so they could accommodate this better.

It would also be great to be able to print a grouped view - still grouped.

Sam_Dcruz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

any update on this? it seems that the CSV export is very basic and pretty useless as it doesnt convey any of the grouping etc

Clare_Shemeta

I need this too. Super pain to have to export out ALL the data and manually regroup it in XLS. Plus, I can only use Excel online which does not provide grouping!

Jean_Francois_B
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I believe CSV downloading by group would really be a must, download 1 group only or all in separated CSVs.

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Yeees! Please. Allow download group records for Excel (but I guess it will require some Excel acrobatics). A more basic requirement still satisfactory I believe is to be able download individual CSVs per group - download CSV for the selected group.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Big +1 for adding an option to download multiple CSV files, separated by Group