Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[Feature Request/Fix] Page Designer app - Link to specific record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
3DJ
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I really love the whole page designer concept, but I wish I was able to link to a specific record.
The current implementation seems broken: when adding the record to the page designer URL, it expands the linked record instead of just changing the record shown in Page Designer itself.

Example: Airtable - Binaural Database Catalog
This URL should load the Portal view, but instead it expands it, while the wrong/default record (in this case, Half-Life) is shown on the Page Designer view behind it.
firefox_ARwgsAf8Pj

6 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

To clarify, the URL you gave is specifically to open a record in the expanded record view. That in particular is not broken, thatโ€™s normal expected behavior.

If you want to open Page Designer by URL you have to have the relevant block ID added to the URL, not the record ID. Now, to open a specific record in Page Designer by URL that will require a significant update to the app.

3DJ

ah, my apologies. I wasnโ€™t sure if it was the intended.
I guess that makes this just a feature request then :grinning_face_with_sweat:
Hope thereโ€™s a changelog or a way to get notified if features like this ever get added :eyes:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can add a button field to your record that opens that record in the Page Designer App, but youโ€™ll need to be logged into your base as a collaboratorโ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t work on shared views.

3DJ

Yeah, sadly that isnโ€™t quite what Iโ€™m looking for, but itโ€™s still good to know about it in case I ever need it! :thumbs_up:

Bob_Clarke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The open page designer to specific page does not work in Interfaces. Should the record contain a button to link to page designer page, the button appears dimmed in Interface, clicking on it does nothing. Looks like the recent changes to the Button element for Interfaces does not include that specific feature.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Wow, good to know. This is my main complaint with Airtable creating 2 completely different types of buttons for their product, instead of creating one unified button for the entire product.

Although Page Designer is really poorly implemented anyways. I would recommend looking into 3rd-party solutions like DocuMint or On2Air: Actions which can be fully automated.