Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature Request: Signature Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Rice
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please add a signature field. Seriously… I could get rid of two different apps & move all my databases to Airtable if you could add a signature field.

15 Comments
Richard_York

You can’t use a JPG or other graphic of the signature?

Doug_Rice

I’m referring to allowing someone to sign using their finger or an Apple pencil.

Mitch_Schaffer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this. Would allow us to move away from a few other programs for our client workorders.

Scott_Bleackley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The ability to capture a signature on a form is a required feature for delivery of services in many organizations. One of the many problems with taking photo, say on iOS, of a written signature is that the jpg of the signature is then kicking around for other misuses, and the signature is arguably, not signing anything.

I also notice that if I make an attachment field and open a form with a share link on iOS, I have access to web based resources like Google photos, but no access the photos local to the device.

I suggest creating a share link of some sort that can be used in the iOS and android AirTable app that would enable a native implementation of a form. This would better access to the standard data pickers for the respective OS and enable the expected access to things link, documents, photos, location, and the ability to securely capture a signature in the context of the visible data to which it is related.

I notice that the ability to use forms on iOS is currently not enabled. I hope this means that something like or better than the suggestions made above is in the works : )

Thank you

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

Adeel_Ahmad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can someone how you’re currently working around this?

Thanks

Roman_Keller

Good idea. A Sketch field would be great

Zach_Tattle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be great for project sign off please add!

Blake_Seufert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would use this for confirming device pickup and dropoff. Would be very excited to see it.

Thanks

Vulf_Kirman

What a great idea. I would use it in a heartbeat.

Asher_Terpstra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be another key feature that would allow us to kill other solutions we are currently using, and vastly simplify our processes. So close, Airtable. Please implement this one.