Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Field Search, to Jump to any Field in Grid View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
iamlaureen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Itโ€™s easy using the UI or Keyboard shortcuts to jump from table to table or base to base, but theres no way to quickly find and jump to a field within a grid view. For tables they may have many fields/columns, this makes it very difficult to navigate. A search/keyboard shortcut, similar to the base switcher Ctrl+K would make it much easier to navigate fields.

8 Comments
Tom_Kerswill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be really, really handy. With big tables itโ€™s hard to find a column. The table switcher works greatโ€ฆ A field finder shortcut would really be an awesome addition.

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Would be very ** helpful **. One of my tables has 200 fields. Impossible to find things without spending lots of time. Yes, I can separate groups of fields into different views for editing but thatโ€™s not a solution. We need search and quickly jump to that field.

Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Searching for my fields my biggest pain in the tuchus on AT.

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Accidentally I found what happens to be a less painful way of finding fields - itโ€™s not actually a discovery for most users but it is goods news to meโ€ฆ In the record editing view (expanded record view), you can use the F3 (of or Ctrl F or whatever combination of keys) to call the browser window search box. In that box you can type the field name and the field name will be highlighted. In my browser I use, it jumps right away to that field.

So thatโ€™s a bit workaround.

Ideally I would like to see a better way to jump to the fields directly in the main table (e.g. by clicking the name of the field in the list similar to the list that appears when I want to see the list of hidden fields).

I still have to remember at least part of the name of the field I want to find, however, this workaround will do what I need, so at least less painful search. Better than nothing.

Noah_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is an important feature to add

Samir_Ghosh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

โ€œFind a Tableโ€ is very helpful when you have a lot of tables.
โ€œFind a Viewโ€ is very helpful when you have a lot of views (more likely than lots of tables).
โ€œFind a Fieldโ€ isโ€ฆMISSING and itโ€™s probably most likely to have lots of fields in a grid view. Please add.

POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION: Add icon (e.g., arrow) next to drag icon in Hide fields dropdown. Clicking on that arrow scrolls grid view left/right to the corresponding column/field.

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

A solution to this would be the On2Air Amplify app. You can create a custom record layout and record dashboard. You can display or hide fields from records. Plus, it has an easy way to browse through records and a powerful Search feature with filtering.

You can see all the features on the On2Air website.

You can also download the app from the App Marketplace to start a free trial.

Noah_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would really like to see something like this implemented, burdensome to cycle through command-f results