Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Find Records with Grouped Conditions and/or Fuzzy Searching

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like the ability to have conditional grouping when putting together a Find Records action in the automations so I can make more sophisticated look-up of records (i.e., like creating my own view).  

Also I would like the ability to also "fuzzy match" records in order to find items that might be similar to the user entry.

How does is solve the user problems?

When using AirTable as a client check in desk, sometimes how they type in their names (whether they use an informal spelling, or have a hyphenated last name or not), it would be good if Find Records could be programmed to look up similar matches of names.

Also if Find Records can be conditionally set up, it would avoid situations where it surpasses the 100 record limit.

How was this validated?

For the conditional grouping, this would work the same way as a personal or regular new view with filter conditions.

For Fuzzy records or not, I would suggest lifting coding from the DeDupe Extension that can track for a level of similarity--whether it is in first name, last name or other relevant fields that you want to look up.

Who is the target audience?

Help Desks, Customer Service, Lobby, Appointments, Check-ins. 

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One of my clients requested the exact same thing! They love the fuzzy searching in the DeDupe Extension, yet that is not available anywhere else in the entire program.