Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Flowchart view: see a table as a flowchart

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avshi_Avital
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My use-case: I’m using Airtable to describe a detailed flow. Each row is a process step or a decision question. I added various columns, and also a Goto column for the next step. While this is an ok solution for my needs, it’s also tedious because I can’t graphically view the table as a flowchart, and because I need to manually maintain the Goto column (e.g. if I add a row, the numbering changes).

I’d love to have a flowchart view built into Airtable. Example implementation:

1. Add a “Linked Row” column type (well, chose a better name:-) that’s defined as linked to a different row. This link would automatically be maintained if the column is moved or deleted.
  2. Add a Flowchart View that would create a graphical flowchart view of my table with rows converted into boxes (the contents of the box would be the Name column? - TBD) and with lines connecting linked rows.

Bonus points if you also do the following:

1. A flowchart “type” column for: Process/Decision/etc.
  2. In case of a Decision (e.g. Yes/No), the Linked Row would allow linking multiple rows
  3. Linked Row would also allow tagging a link with text: e.g. “3:Yes,4:No”
5 Comments
Craig_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just googled this myself to see if there was such a thing and found this thread. I too would love this feature, I think it’d be an extremely useful way to set up workflows.

Essentially you’d have something that looks like a database diagram, that you could drag tables freely around and arrange them, i.e in order of operations from left to right. You could also use this view to create tables and set filters for them by highlighting the columns you want to filter from other tables aswell as any criteria that would get run on it, i.e a checkbox being ticked.

All of this functionality already exists, it’s just a matter of creating a visual interpretation of it which would make airtable absolutely amazing to work with when setting up the database.

John_Lares
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Voting for this feature

lynne_sagen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my vote!

Having a Flow Chart or Table to Flow Chart feature would be awesome!

Justin_Fair
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too would love this. The next best thing is the organizational chart feature.

Thiago_Marafon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer