Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form - edit multiple tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noa_Moshkovitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

At the moment we’re allowed to link the form to one table, I would like to have an option to link the form to several tables and so the data will be splitted into the tables according to the questions/columns :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Comments
Adam_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on support for fields from multiple tables in forms.

Use case:
I want viewers to be able to submit data to an Events table, while also giving me their phone number. They already exist in my Users table. I’d want to pre-fill the user data they have, collect the user data we don’t have, and submit the new event with a single submission.

typo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I work in film and video production. When I bring on a crew, I have them fill out a form which lists name, e-mail address, mobile phone, food allergies, scheduling conflicts, their production department, and their production title. The problem is, this information needs to be distributed into two different tables:

One table holds name, e-mail, mobile phone, & food allergies-- that information tends to stay the same from production to production, so I keep that in a “master contact table” (which I also use as my general address book)

Another table (the “Roster” table) holds the person’s scheduling conflicts, production department, and production title-- that information differs from production to production, so I don’t want to keep it in my master contact table because the same contact might work on different productions in different roles and I need to keep track of who did exactly what on each production.

(Yes, I could just keep it all in the “Forms table” and try to manage everything with filtered views, but that would be unwieldy because each contact could be entered multiple times-- making it clunky as an address book)

Because air table forms only allow information to go into a single table, I have to go through some crazy gymnastics in order to get the information from the crew form into the appropriate fields. Currently, I do this:

I have a THIRD table, a “Forms” table which collects information for all of the fields.

I have a Zap which 1) pulls the name/phone/e-mail/allergies info from the forms table into the master contact table (updating an existing record or creating a new record as needed) 2) copies the name/department/role/scheduling conflicts info into the rosters table 3) links the name record in the rosters table to the name record in the master contact table (and finally) 4) deletes the record in the forms table once all of the information has been moved into the correct place.

This multi-step Zap costs $25/month.

However, if I could create a form with field inputs from multiple tables (instead of being limited to my form only inputting information into a single table), I could save myself a lot of money and headaches.

vilars_xavier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Up, still interesting ! @Airtable_Support

My need : to use a subtable in three differents ways :

1. a source of datas in which user will select one or more items. This one is already develop in your product.
  2. give the possibility for the user to create a new entry if he don’t find an existing item (a kind of “Other entry”)
  3. Only propose a sub form merged with the parent form. In other words no possibility to select an existing entry.
Kim_Martinez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed, this is also requested on

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey folks! While we don’t yet support this feature in our own forms at the moment, we just partnered with JotForm to build a direct integration between Airtable and JotForm. With JotForm, you can set up the integration so that submissions can feed into multiple tables across different bases. You can read their instructions on how to do it here.

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

ah very cool. I was aware of the integration, but not that you could set it up multiple times for the same form (so that it could go to different tables/bases).

We are big fans of Jotform and do a lot of work with it in conjunction with Airtable. Its our preferred form solution.

vilars_xavier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One more integration… Do we need to get a new licence to use JotForm ? Please !

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that allows you to achieve that with the least amount of work possible. It takes the incoming data from one Airtable form and copy it into multiple tables. The nice part is that you can setup how the data is divided inside Airtable itself.

Feed Airtable Form Into Multiple Tables