Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hierarchical grouping of tables

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ripwit
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I may be a bit insane but in about 3 weeks I’ve put together around 40 tables to model my little organization. Each table really does hold different type of information so it’s not that I’m doing the old spreadsheet version of one table per company, etc.

Since the primary focus of all of my tables is on persons and linkages to companies (currently around 1,000 and 100), I can’t separate the other tables into another base without copying the person/company tables which wouldn’t be real-time/integrated.

Some RDBMS offer the way to group tables/views/etc.into “schemas” which make the visualization of relations a bit easier.

With Airtable’s tabs across the top being pretty useless for this many tables, I need to use the dropdown, which is OK. What I’d like to see is some way to identify a group of tables that belong together, perhaps on the tab bar and a dropdown there to select one. Of course, it would be best if the active table is actually shown in the browser title bar or somewhere. Currently there are times you can’t see what table you’re working in.