Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Forms in Android [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_W_Weber
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! Just found AirTable and hoping to use it to provide a few solutions at my job and for my friend’s business. One area that would make it easier to deploy would be forms in Android. That way I can deploy it to the end users to log their sales transactions, for example, through a simple form and not have to learn how to navigate a database.

Thanks

3 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hello to you too! If you create a form view on the desktop and give the form link to the end users, the form will open up in their browsers, and they can enter/submit data from there.

Alternatively, you can tap on a card to open it in expanded view, which shows all the fields in a vertical arrangement and might feel more friendly to people without any database experience.

PavementPilot
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If the user has AIrtables installed on their android device, and they open the link provided for the form, it will open a browser page, then ask the user if they want to use the Airtables app as default. If they choose that, then the Airtables app handles it for them. I just test it on my wife’s device, with my form.

Status changed to: Already in product
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager