Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Forms Multi-Select Check Boxes

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Lisa_Altizer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I love Airtable and Forms. Would like to request a future feature request that would allow multi-select to be checkboxes instead of selecting from a drop-down list. Iโ€™ve found It is not intuitive to the end user to select multiple options by selecting the โ€˜select optionโ€™ button. A temporary fix might be once one option is selected to change the button to read โ€˜select another optionโ€™. The problem is if you have a hundred options, a checkbox would allow the user to see all the options.

Thanks for all Airtable is doing to improve communication and eliminate the need for attachments and countless frustrating emails!

8 Comments
Roland_Garton
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Quite often I wish I had a three-way toggle for checkboxes: unchecked, checked, N/A.

Tarin_Yote
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Completely agree and this functionality is actually available in the the mobile app for multiple select fields.

Ari_Sobel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also need this kind of feature - allow open choices chosen by RAdio Button

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Multi-select checkboxes is in beta right now. You can request access through this form (and see an example of its functionality/appearance)

Lisa_Altizer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank Kamille โ€“ So EXCITED!!! when I went to the form I didnโ€™t see the option for Multi-Select Check Boxes.

Lisa Altizer

Faculty Support Coordinator

School of Nursing

(434) 592-3819

http___www.liberty.edu_media_1616_40themail_wordmark-for-email.jpg

Liberty University | Training Champions for Christ since 1971

90d4ca3d4ffe36a44f6901bfeda58e25448f548c.png

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

The feature request is referred to as: โ€œDisplay form options as a listโ€

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

FYI, they made this an official feature.

Lisa_Altizer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Kamille - weโ€™ve been using this and love it! Super grateful for you!