Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Albert_Bau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a must have feature!

Rodolphe_Cantil

+1
Offline access would be a really useful feature for me.

Chuck_Haskins

Keeping an eye on Notion.so. Tables have been added and while not as robust as Airtable currently, it is a one stop app for Notes, Tasks, Projects, and Tables. I post this only to say it has offline mode abilities but they are limited. Airtable, please add an offline mode soon.

Jesse_Stevenson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Offline access would be a useful feature for my delivery business

Jorge_Sanchez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am in Mexico and Internet coverage via my cell phone is spotty. Sometimes I need to access the information while not having Internet access and I have to return to my Excel tables.
Many apps have an offline mode and bases sync when Internet access returns.
Hope we get this soon.

Anthony_Arcis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I travel extensively. I need to be able to use either on my laptop or a tablet while I’m on a flight for 3 - 18 hours. I prefer using on a laptop than a tablet. I could live with manual merge conflict resolution - but my needs are quite simple without a lot of records or colaborators.
#1 - Read only version offline - Quite Important
#2 - Edit contents offline - Would be really nice to have that
#3 - Edit schemata - Not really needed

Karen_Myers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Joining the cry for offline database access.

I’m a solo user, running on Windows (laptop). I don’t care about mobile access, or collaboration.

I would pay money for a good app, but I live in a rural location with satellite internet which goes out from time to time with some regularity.

I can’t even save a local file manually. How can I possibly rely upon this for a reference database when I can’t count on being able to even refer to a local file? How would I backup it up locally, or add it to my Dropbox cache? How can I ensure that the file(s) will survive, after pouring a lot of database effort into the content? By periodic CSV dumps? Puh-lease…

I don’t invest my time and data into products I can’t backup and run offline. That’s crazy.

This is pretty much a showstopper for me. And there doesn’t seem to be any answer about a future path forward from Airtable folks. Solve this for the local single-user crowd – how hard can that be?

Joshua_Martin

How would you want to use Airtable offline?
Using it to check things whilst I’m out and about instead of having to use my computer, I don’t really have to change anything most of the time, it’s more of an issue of it taking a long time to load sometimes so it would be helpful if the data was stored on my phone so it loaded quicker with shitty coverage.
Do you use Airtable alone, or with collaborators?
With collaborators
How much do you need to be able to do in Airtable while offline?
Read-only would be fine.
For how long do you need to be able to use Airtable offline?
as long as possible.
How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually?
I don’t see this as an issue, just don’t allow edits to be made in offline mode.
Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile?
mobile

Scott_Frankel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I am in exact same position as many.

I travel a lot and also live in a rural area with poor internet so must have some offline access…yep a deal breaker for me too.

I have the Mac app and when I tried to open it offline…nothing won’t bring up anything.

The Airtable Mac OS app can’t open anything while offline.

Hope the Airtable team are listening and get onto an offline solution, until then it’s not going to work for me sadly.

Regards,
Scott

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

How would you want to use Airtable offline?
I have field technicians that would need to enter data while at some pretty remote construction job sites. I would need them to be able to create new records in a table, scan barcodes into Barcode fields, and add photos to Attachment fields

Do you use Airtable alone, or with collaborators?
Both

How much do you need to be able to do in Airtable while offline?
Minimally, the ability to create new records and fill in fields of all types would satisfy me.

How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually?
Not terribly tolerant. I have 40-50 field technicians. It’s not likely that many of them would be attempting to merge offline data at the same time, but if the possibility exists, it’s best to avoid it. I shudder at the thought of having to resolve a web of conflicts. If offline work were limited to the creation of new records, I think conflicts would be fairly minimal.

Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile?
Mobile - my field technicians would be using mobile phones to scan barcodes and take photos.