Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Visual history for deleted rows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I like that I can see what changes have been made in a records.

However, I lost a ton of rows and I don’t know why. There should be a way to see what has been deleted and by whom (or what, in the case of deletions by way of api).

26 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Implementing a base-level history feature (which would allow you to see an overview of all changes made to the entire base) is something that’s already on our roadmap—would that solve your problem?

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seems like it would. Would it be a log of all changes?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve had a number of requests from users who want to be able to see, at a high-level, all the changes that have been made to a base—this would almost certainly include which rows have been deleted. We’re still working out the design side of things, so we would greatly appreciate any specific feedback you might have about what you would want to see in a feature like this.

Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Maybe a readonly airtable table that is a log of changes and deletions with master/detail where the detail page has all of the data before and after change/deletion. Eh?

Graham_Morley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d also love to see a Base-level audit history.

In my case, this really important in a collaborative situation.

If you have a Base with multiple Editors, currently I can’t see what those Editors have changed since the last time I looked at the Base. Ideally I’d like to see:

• A full ‘Audit Log’, which would be a time / date ordered list of all changes that anyone has made on the Base since its creation. This could be similar to the existing Record-level visual revision history, but aggregated to Base-level

• A filterable ‘Audit Log’. Similar to above, but where you could sort / filter by Base User. Perhaps the ‘Audit Log’ could be implemented as a ‘table’, with each record being a specific change. The all of the existing table-level tools (filter, sort, group, etc) couple be utilised to look at the data. But this ‘table’ shouldn’t count against the Base’s ‘records total’ from a cost/license perspective.

• Some sort of snapshot ‘compare’ feature. It’s great that snapshots are available, but how would you know what’s changed between now and snapshot ‘x’?

I hope this is still on the roadmap (I can see that this was an old thread, but I didn’t want to start a new one, as the need is very similar).

Moses_Adler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this feature still on planning? we are trying to setup airttable for our team, and this is one of the concerns we bumped into, please update.
Thanks

Ami_Price
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Definitely another +1 for this feature. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!

Hong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any updates on this feature request please?

A high-level or base-level revision history overview is important for collaborative work, especially for CRM purposes.

S9_Consulting_J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. Thanks!

Christophe_Dura
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 too. Any news about this feature ?