Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Full Expanded Record Detail View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_Lin1
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Fieldbook is shutting down soon, and with it goes one of my favourite features I haven’t been able to find anywhere else: an exhaustive detail view. Currently, in order to see any detail on linked records, you need to click through and open a new window. However, the way Fieldbook does it, all of that information is displayed immediately below the main entry data – and is editable!

image.png

Does anyone know of a way to implement something like this without resorting to a ton of lookup fields?

5 Comments
Gabe_FromMaui
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Great idea. I agree. Is there any progress on this front?

Ron_McCord
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Really I was checking out fieldbook in some ways better than Airtable but airtable a bit better and free too…

One thing that I would like to see from Airtable is Rich Text Formatting for Notes, Enlarged note view to say full page if necessary…

Also I am a one person team and the wasted space on the right size, half the page for comments, team members etc is a killer when should be space for notes, details etc…

Octavio_Lopez_S
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, this seems very useful!!!

vilars_xavier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agree, should be very interesting to work on a block to get a detail view of a selected item. Could be also a good improvement of the existing “Record List” block. Anyway “Master view details” missing.

Ron_McCord

Huge Miss for Airtable is that it is a Desktop Software Product!! Which means users have big monitors often multiple like me to be more productive!!. However I can’t use Airtable as my Crm because it only has a small expanded view which is a poor way to display notes. It needs to be expanded so that we can see all the notes we have taken on our contact at one glance vs scrolling. Also should be able to move that note section to another screen, so that we can view other contact information at same time on other screen. I would love to upgrade to pro plan and use Airtable as my crm but this basic most important feature has never been touched. They did adress formatting though… This one feature would make me switch!!!