Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Function to sort arrays

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_Hudon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve searched through the forum, and saw multiple posts about this with no answer, so I assume this is not supported currently. Hence the feature request.

Basically, I want a way to sort an array. One example use case is with ARRAYUNIQUE(). Currently, the ordering of the array returned depends on the order of the rows in the table. This is not a very desirable property for a rollup column meant to summarize a set of values. If there was a SORTED function, I could call that and make sure the value in my summary column didn’t depend on the order of rows somewhere else.

Please consider adding a SORTED() function. Thanks.

4 Comments
Oli_Steadman
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Same here, searching I was sure I would find some way to sort arrays but I guess not! Would enable a lot of creativity in handling arrays. Perhaps it’ll come up in tandem with ARRAY_FIRST and ARRAY_LAST

Philipp_Berben

I would love to have that feature, too.

Samir_Ghosh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How about if “Limit record selection to a view” (in “Link to another record” field) is sorted, then sort the results? That would help in many cases.

Margaret_Picker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need this function too