Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Gannt: better milestone functionality

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to be able to manipulate items on my Gannt view based on milestones. if i move a milestone, i want the option to have the items that are dependent on and succeeded by that milestone to adjust (not just one or the other).

• in Gannt view, if i move an earlier item that is linked to a succeeding milestone, i want that item's due date to be locked onto the milestone. so the total time i have to complete that task shrinks, rather than moving independent of the milestone.
  • in Gannt view, if i move a milestone that has items linked to it, i want them to move with the milestone- either stretching out the timeline or condensing it. 
  • i want to be able to have some items that are tied to both a preceding and a succeeding milestone, and i want to be able to manipulate from either direction in Gannt view. 
  • in Gannt view, if i change the dates of a master task that has subtasks dependent on it, and if i make the master task have a longer timeframe for completion. AND if those subtasks are also tied to a succeeding milestone, i want the sub-task start date to shift to accommodate the new timeline of the master task, but i don't want the sub-task's due date to shift beyond what the succeeding task or milestone's date allows. 

Basically, i want more functionality from Gannt view. this is a great start to project management, but i want to more easily adjust my standard project timeline template to each specific case. 

1 Comment
Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also like the ability to "customize labels", just like we already have with calendar views. i want to be able to select which field(s) i want to display.