Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Get shareable link to an individual record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love the ability to share an individual record by URL and to control the permissions on who can access the record with that link {anyone with the link, any logged in Airtable user with the link, specific Airtable users}.

30 Comments
Watch_Repair_Ex
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to jump in and add my vote for individual record sharing. My use case: we are using a CRM which we need to keep since it pops when the phone rings, gathers all emails etc. But Airtable would be much better at project management. I would like to be able to insert a URL of the specific Airtable record into the CRM record so the data shows up in the CRM record. Would then click into Airtable to edit if needed.

Mark Ryan
ryan@watchhelp.com

Leandro_Seabra
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And what about some sort of automation for the โ€œemail individual recordโ€ feature that would use an existing email in that particular record with a predefined message?

This would be useful, for example, to make sure that individual records have up to date information.

The ability to customize the email being sent would also be very nice.

elliotwoods
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It seems if you open a record with the image button, then your browser URL changes.
If you copy and paste this URL it works.
Whatโ€™s more, the last part of the URL is the record id
Testing here, Iโ€™m able to just change the record id to ones pulled from the API and voila - api generated links to individual records

This only works for logged in users, takes the user to the specific view and opens that specific record. It doesnโ€™t have any permissions as requested by OP

William_Brobsto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looking forward to having this functionality. I would be embedding the links in emails to clients.

John_Lenker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thereโ€™s another benefit worth considering. Right now if you try to drag and drop an airtable record on to a mural dot co mural, it gives a generic โ€œAirtableโ€ image and the SEO description of airtable. If you had sharable links to individual records, you could then paste that URL into a mural and it would paste the thumbnail of an attachment as well as a summary of the data. Of course, this would require that the meta data for the recordโ€™s webpage be set to the summary information of the record, but this is super simple. Been waiting for this for years! :winking_face:

Harold

What is the status on this? Would be great if we can share / embed an individual record :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

ivan_paudice

It would help me so much. My client needs to keep customer informed about the status of their specific item. It would help so much to be able to send a link to the customer Item record and tell him โ€œfollow your item progress hereโ€

Darek_Chojnacki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

agreed. looking for the same use case. If I have a link to that specific clientโ€™s airtable record, I would want to input data even in a form view to update fields / add new information

Colin_Winhall

Has this been made yet? Itโ€™s been 4 years since this request :slightly_smiling_face:

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We made a tool that makes a unique shareable URL for each record in your table. When the URL is opened, that single record is shown. We advertise it as an editor, but it can also be easily used as read-only. Any field can be turned into a read-only field by making a new field that is a formula that just shows the original field, and hiding the original field from the shared URL (supported by our tool).