Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Gmail Add-On to create tasks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Ryan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please consider creating a Gmail Add-On.
Allow us to turn emails into tasks in Airtable.
Thanks!
Mark

10 Comments
Rob_G
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can achieve this with Zapier or IFTTT.

Regards

Rob

Mark_Ryan

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

I am using Zapier but it is far from elegant.

I have it so I forward the email to a unique email which triggers the Zap and lands the item in Airtable.

Can you share your Zap if you have it working better than that?

Thanks,

Mark

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun
  1. Create a Gmail label called “Add to Airtable”

2. Create a Zap that triggers anytime “Add to Airtable” label is applied to an email

3. Create a step in the Zap that send the data to Airtable

Or!

1. Create a step that searches your Airtable base for the from or to email address. Associate the email data with the record

2. Whenever you want to forward an email to Airtable, just apply the label. Easy!

Or!

1. Create a Gmail filter that applies the label based on certain conditions.

Or!

1. Create a seperate Zap that applies a label to an email based on any number of triggers.

Hope that helps!

Mark_Ryan

Thanks Hashim, I appreciate that.

I did try out the label approach, only major hitch is the two day limit. According to Zapier, Google’s API will only trigger and send email off to other app if the email has been sitting for less than 2 days in your inbox…go figure.

Screenshot 2018-05-11 at 2.30.35 PM.png

I did create a Zap that triggers when I forward email to myself to mark+whatever@gmail address…that does work always. Not very elegant…but works.

Have a great weekend,
Mark

Andy_Conlin1

Hey @Mark_Ryan, I’m building a Gmail add-on for Airtable. Are you still looking for a solution? If so, I’d be interested to hear what you’d like to see in it, if you have any specific requests. When it’s ready for testing, you can also get an early glance at things and give it a test drive.

For anyone else who may come across this thread, feel free to add your input, as well. This first version will be inherently basic, but I’m planning for future additions already.

Bobby_Shiffler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any progress on that add-on, Andy?

Andy_Conlin1

Hey @Bobby_Shiffler! Internally, yes, but the dev and release of it has taken a backseat to my core freelance work, which has been keeping me plenty busy these last few months. It’s definitely still on my mind, and I’m looking forward to putting more time on it.

I’m glad to hear you’re interested! Is there anything specific you’re looking to do with such an add-on? As of now, out of necessity it will take the form of a very open structure that will require a user to do a bit of setup at the beginning. That’s good for configurability, but bad if someone wants a turnkey solution (it should be a quick setup, but even still). If there was enough demand for a specific use-case, it’s possible I could just create a lot of different add-ons—variations on a theme—essentially the same add-on but purpose-built and packaged for a single use-case. As of now, however, I’m leaning towards a framework that people can make work in their own ways.

Michael_Alliman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would totally be interested. I’d like to be able to create a task from a gmail (gsuite) into Airtable WITH ATTACHMENTS that my VA can access from her side any time.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

What about integrating it with Zapier or Integromat? You could watch a Tag and create a new record for the new email.

Rajesh_Prajapat

That is jugad, but not a permanent solution. There are adons available for trello, asana, wrike etc. You can easily create records to the respective projects from inbox and even comment directly from the gmail. Also, these adons are free.
Isn’t it possible incase of Airtable?