Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Google Data Studio connector for Airtable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rupert_Snook
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Airtable team, have you come across Google Data Studio? It’s a free tool that is excellent for visualising data and creating BI dashboards - a perfect companion to Airtable.

Google Data Studio has ‘community connectors’ that allow users to pipe in data from third party services such as yourselves. I’m trying my hand at building a private connector for one of my bases at the moment, and it’s not too tricky.

So, my request is for you folks to build a public ‘community connector’ that anyone could use to connect their Airtable data to Google Data Studio! More info here: https://developers.google.com/datastudio/connector/developer-launch/

33 Comments
Laurent_Tourneu

Hi Optimi
Thanks for this great contribution. But how can I use it as connector in DataStudio? I have to create it then publish it? How?
Sorry for this noob question.
Laurent

Rupert_Snook

Pleasure, hope it’s useful! Pretty sure you can write the code as a Google Apps Script project, and then start using it in data studio without having to publish anything. This page explains a little more: https://developers.google.com/datastudio/connector/use

e1b0b5e67a8195f6d2ff2ca606fc4559a856a9f4.png

Laurent_Tourneu

Thanks.
But unfortunately, still getting an error message, as this connector is not autorised.

Rupert_Snook

Oh no! I’ll look into this if I get time - and if you figure out the solution please post it here :slightly_smiling_face:

e1b0b5e67a8195f6d2ff2ca606fc4559a856a9f4.png

Optimi

Folks, we’ve published a recipe on how to connect Airtable to Google Data Studio, using Google Sheets as an intermediary:

cc @Laurent_Tourneux @Ron_Majors You might find this easier than making your own Data Studio connector :slightly_smiling_face:

Trevor_Ellestad

So amazing! Much gratitude on this one.

Plinio_Averbach

Same problem here… =(

John_Siciliano
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature request is essential. +1

Luxy

Hey Rupert, thanks for putting this here. I’m trying to get this whole thing as a connector running. do you have the code for the other functions (config, schema) etc. available as well?

Best

Twin_Cities
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What is the CURRENT, BEST WAY to sync data REAL TIME, AUTOMATICALLY from AT to Data Studio. These forums are always super dated and incomplete and cobbled together. Would be nice to NOT have to parse through all the out-dated methods if there are NEW ways to do things. Are we still farting around setting up a sync to Sheets or is there a better mousetrap?? Please advise most recent methods. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face: