Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Grouping in Gallery View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jordan_Raabe
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The gallery view is a really helpful way to visually explore a set of records by using large photos to represent them.

Would greatly appreciate the ability to group items in the Gallery View by a field, similar to how Grouping is supported in Grid view.

Right now, if I want to look at a subset of items as a group, Iโ€™m forced to make individual sorted gallery views, or look at items lost in a sea of other gallery items.

17 Comments
Zac_Dillon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I almost found a solution to this. You can link the field you want to group to a new table. Then from that table, which should only have two columns, the to-be-grouped field and the primary field from your main table, you can link the second column (the primary field from your main table) to a new table. Then this new table you can make a gallery view and it is essentially โ€œgrouped.โ€

Iโ€™m trying to solve the same problem and for now, this is what Iโ€™ve come up with. Let me know if you found a better solution.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I too would love to see grouped gallery view options.

William_Carro
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same problem and request !

Eric_Graham
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature. Would love to see Grouping in Gallery view.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for this feature.

Justice_Longsho
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature, please!

Brandi_Bullock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another request for this feature! My use case:

We have an HR database, would love to group by W-2 vs. 1099.

Tariq_Malik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature please

Robert_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature as well

Scott_Schwartz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature as well. Thank you kindly. Grouping is going to be extremely helpful.