Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide or password protect a base in a workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helena_Rose
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

We use airtable pro company wide with our 20 staff members. I’d really like to add them all as workspace collaborators to our main workspace so I can use the collaborator fields and send them emails etc when needed, but we have a few bases in the workspace with sensitive content that we cant share with the whole team, but we still need pro features on these bases. Therefore what would be AMAZING would be if airtable allowed workspace owners to password protect certain bases from other workspace users. This would improve my experience no end, at the moment I have to share 20 odd bases with each staff member individually as base collaborators and manually add / remove staff members for each base as people join/leave, plus the collaborator function doesn’t work so I have to also build staff members and email address as a separate tab in every base, which is clunky.

Pretty please add this function if possible which would make the management of users in a workspace so much easier, and feels like it would not be a very difficult fix to implement?

Thanks in advance!

Helena

2 Comments
Grace_Mamauag
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have been anticipating this feature. Creating a new pro workspace with the same collaborators just because a specific base in the main workspace is confidential is just too costly for us. Sharing almost all the bases in the main workspace with my team members is just too unorganized.

Looking forward to this update.

Thank you very much!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can share individual bases instead of the entire workspace.