Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

HIPAA compliance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outdoor_School
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be incredibly useful to me if Airtable was to become HIPPA compliant and be willing to sign Business Associate Agreements. http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/business-associates/

108 Comments
Nicole_Matusow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here for HIPAA compliance!

Andrew_Jennings
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If Airtable were HIPAA compliant, I would be able to launch a new EHR Platform I’ve been working on almost immediately, as I have a prototype already working that just isn’t HIPAA compliant. Hoping to see HIPAA compliance soon!

Nathan_West
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was so excited to stumble upon Airtable. It’s everything we need… except HIPAA compliant, which unfortunately is a deal breaker :disappointed:

This is clearly a much needed feature, and for every vote here how many hundreds of other individuals would be looking for the same thing? Please consider adding this. Airtable would make our team’s lives so much easier if only you all offered this one option!

Lance_Devore

We built exactly what we needed for our company using Airtable, only to find out it’s not HIPAA compliant, so we can’t use it. Any update on this??

Sal_Ohcin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Adding my vote for HIPAA compliance. It is the #1 thing holding back my company from converting all processes to Airtable.
Not sure if this is on their radar at all, as I have not heard anything.
I hope it is though.

Luis_Rodriguez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 as so many others. I couldn’t read through the whole thread, but can someone note any financial issues on Airtables part?

As one post mentioned we have a behavioral health office and while all PHI/PHR are on established systems, we have countless supervisors working with State, reports upon reports, and tracking services, outreach etc.

I use Airtable for other non health info and know I can come up with a solution for these supervisors in a flash with Airtable. I found myself working on some excel sheets building certain solutions for these people knowing they are going to screw up the excel sheet to begin with lol…

Anyway, @Katherine_Duh you spoke up first and then vanished from Earth or Just Airtable… Can someone else shed some light on road map, anything…

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi folks!

We wanted to give an update on this product suggestion given its longstanding history and depth of constructive comments. It’s been helpful for our team to see interest for compliance in this area, and we absolutely understand that it is a blocker for companies who need to store protected health information.

While we do want to build out compliance in this area in the future, I wanted to share that this is unlikely something we’ll be able to prioritize this year. This means that we’re still unable to sign HIPAA business associate agreements. For our customers in the medical industry who do use Airtable to manage business, research, and other processes, we’d like to continue to encourage you to refrain from storing PHI/PII in Airtable.

Thank you all again for contributing to this product suggestion, and letting our team know that you care about - and need - this level of compliance.

I’ll close this topic for now, and we will be sure to update the community, and all of our customers, with any new developments in this area in the future.

– The Airtable Team

kofeflp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am an educator and psychotherapist in private practice. I need to create hippa and ferpa forms to send to have clients and students. I am paying for airtable and Google workspace because google is hippa compliant. Airtable is better. Please airtable help us.