Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hyperlinks in rollups of linked fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Legg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

One feature I like in AirTable is the ability to open up the expanded view of a linked item from within an expanded view. However, I’m working with a complex data model at the moment, which means I’m making a lot of use of rollups of linked fields using the ARRAYUNIQUE(values) formula - e.g. if I have a table of books, which are on shelves, which are in rooms, I might use this to get a list of books which are in rooms.

Unfortunately, when I’m looking at a list of linked items within a rollup like this, I can’t open this popup - all I see is a list of the names of the items (i.e. in the expanded view of a room, I just get a list of books and can’t open up the expanded views of the books directly). I appreciate that it couldn’t work the same way as a directly linked field, as in this example, books are linked to shelves, and not directly linked to rooms. But instead, could you have a simple hyperlink that opens up the expanded view?

This would provide quick access to allow users to edit an object e.g. editing a book without giving the functionality, say, to add or remove books to/from a room without first adding/removing them from a shelf.

Hope this makes sense - let me know if not and I’ll try and clarify.