Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Idea: Ability to group and/or hide tables in a base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tito_Alverio
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Be able to group and/or hide tables in a base. For example I am linking to records in other bases, so tables are being imported into bases. I'd like to hide these synced tables to keep the base organzied and focused for users.

How does is solve the user problems?

Helps with staying organized and keeping a base clean. I'd like to hide these synced tables to keep the base organized and focused for users. It could help clearly show which tables are meant to be interacted with, while other tables are purely due to being referenced, thus wanting to hide them.

How was this validated?

?

Who is the target audience?

Everyone using Airtable

3 Comments
Mariane_Marketi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've been dying for being able to hide/group tables! This would make the interface so much cleaner and the team gets to focus on what matters

Matthew_Carrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

solved

Malderisio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is not solved.

While we got a way to hide tables, there is still no way to group tables by categories. I understand that this would be against the Excel-like feeling, where the workbook is organized in sheets, which are actually tabs. But I think MS Access way to organize the tables in categories is much better.

I would suggest to implement it as a toggle to the interface, so that the users could switch between the two layouts as they wish. Excel-like (tabs in a row) or Access-like (groups of tabs in a side column).