Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Images lose quality in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kristjan_Kristj
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi - I have a table, which each has one image (receipts). The PDF quality of the receipts is high, but when I add a box of the image in Page Designer, it seems to drop significantly in quality, so much, that iโ€™m not sure I can use page designer as I had intended.

Any tips/thoughts/fixes on the way?

Airtable - designer fail.jpg

6 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

One is a PDF with text, the other is an image (generated from a PDF) inserted into a PDF.

• The image is smaller than the original PDF, it always be less readable
  • What is the quality of the image you upload? If the image is bigger enough (resolution enough) it should have good quality in the PDF.

Oh wait:

Itโ€™s an image or a PDF? If it is a PDF, you see the preview image of the PDF, which is small and has not much
quality.

Kristjan_Kristj

Hey Elias,

So in this case, I have a list of expenses, for each expense there is a receipt added as an image or a PDF. In the case where I upload a high quality PDF, e.g. from Amazon, Airtable does show it in low quality. If I upload it as an image, the quality is high and stays.

This needs an enhancement of Airtables behalf.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

As I said:

I donโ€™t see this as a bug, but as a #feature-requests. Airtable is not showing the file, is showing the preview. What do you see if you upload other kind of file like .xls or .mp3? I mean, I think you expect the PDF to be rendered because is a โ€œviewableโ€ file, but itโ€™s not an image.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Based on these settings, this field seems to be intended for images only, so the block showing the preview is an extra feature for me.

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-11_07-27-08_p. m..png

Iโ€™ve tested it, with an .xls I see the preview, with an .mp3 I see nothing.

Kristjan_Kristj

You are right. I just edited the topic - its now a #feature-requests

One solution could be that Airtable changes all documents into images at high-qual before rendering them in the Page Designer. Quick, but would do the job.

best,
Kristjan

Casey_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I actually see this as a bug. If you have a high quality image/pdf in your base and want to use that on a page in page designer, the quality of the asset in your base should not be degraded when it renders. I have a one-page pdf that I want to use in page designer and then add a dynamic qr code on top of it. I canโ€™t do this though because the pdf is degraded so much it becomes a blurry mess.