Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Import spreadsheet into existing table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Carovano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This came up in a support forum post: Importing Data into an Existing Table

Airtable would be able to address more of my clients’ CRM use cases if it had the ability to import data into existing tables. Lead management is an example. Over time a company gets batches of leads in a spreadsheet that they need to be able to import into a Leads app. Duplication detection and record updates are key features that ensure the lead qualification process ends up being as efficient as possible.

Copy and paste is a workable solution but there are a bunch of other reasons why Airtable needs the ability to import from a spreadsheet into an existing table. This additional import functionality would need to be able to set up data keys, driving an update for any existing records with the same key and creating new records for ones that don’t already exist in the table.

2 Comments
Amnon_Levav
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

For me copy and paste is not enough. We need smart merge, base on key column.

I am new to airtable. I want Airtable to do inventory management.
I plan daily import of inventory data + adding more columns which shows the number of new items required, the number on the way, and other calculations. So if a new product is added on the middle, pasting new data will disassociate the new columns from the new data.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury