Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Importing CSV with Image References

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
RobTX
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am considering moving from the iOS application MyStuff to Airtable. My only struggle is with importing images linked to the records.

When exporting from MyStuff, the result is a CSV file and then folders with related images. Does Airtable have the ability to import images based on file location references in a file in the CSV? Do the images need to be in the same directory as the CSV?

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,
Rob

6 Comments
Tom_Keysers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am looking for this as well.

I suppose using a local filepath to the images wont work, since the csv file gets uploaded for an import while the images will just remain local.

Maybe this is possible to do through the API and using a url to the images which are somewhere in the cloud?

@RobTX did you already find a solution for this?

R_Felciano_QIAG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love to see this as well!

Ramon

Marcio_Souza
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone been able to find a way to get this done? Iโ€™m needing it as well

remerkle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need a fix for this ASAP. Needed to migrate a table from one base to another, canโ€™t find a way to reattach images except one-by-one (unacceptable).

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @remerkle

There are a few ways to do this.

One is by reading suggestions from this thread:

The other way is by using Integromat, for both images and table.

I just created this scenario, a week or so ago, to update records from one table to another, but it can be reworked for creating new records. Instead of using the Update a record module, you would use Create a record module and you would need to change the filter (just before the last module) to: Id Does Not Exist. Integromat has a free plan that gives you 1,000 operations.

I also have a scenario that you could attach photos from either Google Sheets or GDrive. Let me know if this might be helpful.

Here is the post link. The scenario is post #21:

Hope these suggestions help.

Mary K

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that converts file URLs to attachments: