Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Improve URL Type - Hyperlinks, Icons, & Multiples

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

My request for improving the URL field is three-fold:

1. Hyperlinks: ability to clean up links and hyperlink them with the text you want to appear.
  2. Custom Icons/Favicons: ability to add custom thumbnails/icons/favicons based on where the URL points (document file type, website, blog, folder, social media accounts, video, etc.). It would be cool to have a uniform library to choose from like when setting up a base, as well as include popular sites, brands, file types.
  3. Multiples: Allow for multiple URLโ€™s in a single field (if Iโ€™m tracking my clientโ€™s important URLs, it would be nice to include more than one (website, file repository, lead forms, product page, social media accounts, etc.).

Mainly these are for aesthetic purposes but it also improves/quickens visual identification. This would especially look good if being displayed in Gallery view, or if you add it to the Page Designer block.

3 Comments
Jonathan_Schofi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If we can get the ability to specify link display text that would be awesome โ€“ it would make verbose URLs so much more visually concise and cognitively easier.

I tweeted about this today, with thoughts about Markdown syntax versus raw HTML as the cell value.

Maylene_So
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hyper linking text values are a must

Christopher_Rex
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

#1 on your list has been requested previously. Consider adding your plus-1 to it also.