Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Insight into Airtable roadmap

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Conklin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What I would like to see is some visibility into Airtable’s development roadmap. It would be nice to see what features are on the fast-track, that are actively being worked on, what features are on the mid-range schedule, and what features are still in planning or are long-term. Or perhaps what features are 1-6 months out, 7-12 months out, 12+ months out.

I would understand having caveats listed knowing that things change and that items get added or removed on the fly, or that sometimes things take a lot longer than expected to work out all the bugs.

But there does seem to be a few feature requests that customers feel are extremely important and there is no sense as to when they will be available - 6 months?, 3 years?, we just don’t know?

I certainly know there can be extreme complexities to adding features to a front-end controlled relational DB engine so long timelines are expected, but being completely in the dark is frustrating.

I have enjoyed using Airtable for the short time I’ve been here, but without any insight into the future I may have to bail at some point.

4 Comments
BenInDallas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I want to like this post about 10 times. Airtable has been way too opaque with their communications in general, but particularly with the (complete lack of) a published roadmap.

Kevin_Conklin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve only been using Airtable doe a few days but I believe without being a bit more transparent, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Alex_Wolfe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I agree, but I would also add that a little digging can get you similar information that they would release, since like most companies they probably don’t want to commit to anything before they are certain of implementation from a PR standpoint.

In the meantime though…
One thing I do is regularly check their beta sign-up form, under “Which beta features would you like to access?” you can see the options and know what beta/forthcoming updates are out there (e.g., they had ‘Homescreen v2’ on there for a while prior to release).

Beta form which Airtable has shared in this community frequently:

0d41b7239ab01c5f5e8f76a7f7d714f76ba86a36.png

Request access to beta features - Airtable

Fill out the "Request access to beta features" form quickly and securely on Airtable.

Or, I know this sounds oversimplified, but Google ‘Airtable’ and filter for things from the last week/month. I believe Howie had an interview in the not-so-distant past where he mentioned more granular permissions was on their roadmap.

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yep. I can see good potential for many of my own clients. But I am not pulling the trigger until I see a road map, forum openness and actual requested features.