Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface Report Builder

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelSargent
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The two biggest complaints I get from my users on Airtable, especially those coming from Salesforce, is the lack of a Global Search Bar in Interfaces (which I've posted about before here) and the inability for users to create their own reports on Interfaces. I know both these things are available inherently through the Base (Global Search Bar through extensions) but by users are non-technical and should not have access to the entirety of the data on the database so they're interface only. But they should have the ability to create, save and download their own views in Interfaces! I can see how this is an oversight from Airtable devs because that's kind of the whole point of the database but Interfaces has changed the way the bulk of Airtable users actually use Airtable. I've created great dashboards using the dashboard interface page type and that answers the bulk of reporting needs but certainly not everything and I need the ability to allow Interface users to create their own views (with the ability to set field visibility, filters, etc in the back end on the data the front end users see).

The attached image is the result of a touch of creativity. I've linked shared views to buttons, titled with the table they're tied to. I've removed irrelevant data from that shared view. But this is what I mean- this can't be the best way to allow users to create their own views if the users only have interface access.

1 Comment
GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Our tool has been used to allow people to fine-tune the reports that come out of their interface. It works by creating an Airtable 'export URL' and passing URL parameters like SQL. 

https://www.csvgetter.com/export-airtable

A user can pass any SQL they want into your Airtable download URL to get the report they need.