Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban columns based on formula field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there any way to use a Kanban view organized by a formula field? I have a workflow table with 15 checkbox fields for milestones (I tried single select first – it really isn’t intuitive for the users). I created a formula that groups the milestones into 5 “Macro Phase” groups. This works well in the grid view when grouping by Macro Phase, but it would be AWESOME to visualize it with a Kanban view.

I would rather not rely on a user having to select the Macro Phase, because that data could conflict with the checkbox data.

18 Comments
Hans_Chr_Bjorns
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Kanban view organized by formula

Jishnu_Jairaj
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from my side too, Kanban view is useful for more than acting as a way to update statuses of tasks through a workflow, it is a powerful visualization tool that needs to accept formula fields as a categorization option.

Sophia_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1000. Is there an update on this capability? Just spent an inordinate amount of time on writing IF statements only to find that my formula field cannot be used in the Kanban view. Would very much appreciate this upgrade!

Michael_SUTTER
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, as a workaround you can also do automation in airtable that will update a single select record when the formula field is updated. It worked for me :slightly_smiling_face:

Jessica_Murdoch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this workaround been stopped? I tried to use it and the formula column I wanted to use was greyed out.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

As your previous message says, you need to make an automation :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Jessica_Murdoch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I haven’t written any previous messages, however I did attempt to do an automation and the automation would not allow updating a single select record by a formula field update. It would allow an automation relating to the first three field’s which were not formula fields.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

The message previous to yours…

I have tested and it works, there are several options to trigger when a Formula field is updated, por instance:

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-18 a las 9.55.27

And this is how it works:

2022-01-18 09.59.47