Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m in content publishing, and we regularly have to keep track of which content has been published, etc. across several different clients and account managers. So naturally I have to use different tables for each client as each client has a different and unique publishing schedule.

This feature would be a game-changer for me as well, as I’ve been trying to find workarounds for this for the last several hours. Tried to duplicate a column, and sync columns across two tables, but couldn’t find a solution. Using linked fields for kanban stacks would be a godsend as it’ll help me bring sync all the content across several tables

nikolayb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this feature. I wouldn’t mind if dragging records isn’t supported for field types different from single select.

Geoff_B
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this feature too!

Would allow calculated fields once an observation meets a criteria to be automatically moved along.

Oli_Steadman
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please can we have this

David_Jeffers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also really want this to be a thing. I have a to-do list, which has a link field to a projects list, and I’d like to group the todo list by project

William_Nutt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1

Please add this feature!

Leif_Hansen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m in the exact same situation…otherwise I can view from the project side, showing the tasks in a card, but only a few and not in any ‘actionable’ way (checkbox, etc.)

Jack_Franz1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this feature. Please keep the drag & drop functionality!

Luiz_Paulo_Albe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same problem. I would change to airtable if it had this simple feature.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love this feature. I think it would only work for single-instance links though. A record cannot be in 2 stacks at once. But I think this feature has great potential.