Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Bob_Brady
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here as well. I would love to see this added.

Will_Chase
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here. Seems like this would be easy to implement, no? 2 years later and no wordโ€ฆ sad.

Alex_Evers

+1 This would definitely increase my ability to use the kanban view feature more often in my bases

MonkeyDoctor

SIgned up with airtable, fell in love with the idea, but day 1 immediately ran into this issue. There is so much more potential for Kan Ban besides the typical stacking by status use case. Major bummer. Currently I want to stack certain events by vendor, but the vendor list should be a table not a single select.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 It really makes sense for single reference Link Fields

Henry_King
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Me too please! Would like it for a jobs > tasks hierarchy. I realise you can group and view in the parent table but would prefer to be able to mess around with the Kanban views.

Leevi_Graham
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - Use case: Sprints in one table, stories in another.

Jorn_Ola_Birke1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for grouping by single reference link fields. Prevents me from using an otherwise great product.

Seelk_Studio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The ability to โ€œgroupโ€ is most likely the reason Airtable havenโ€™t implement the kanban for linked records.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very useful. Please do.

In this use case auto-collapsing empty stacks would be useful.