Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Scott_Cytacki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I sort of found a work around for this. You can use the matrix block. Choose your real lookup field for the columns. Then choose a second lookup field for the rows that has the same value for every record in the table. In my case I made a new table called โ€˜Matrixโ€™ and then added a Matrix field to my table.

The downside of this is that you canโ€™t customize the cards. They only show the primary field.

David_Fox

+1 for kanban by link fields (when multiple selection is disabled)

Also, if you use a lookup field to look up the value of a single-value field in the linked table and the link is single-valued, the lookup field is effectively single-value, so it should be usable as a single-select field for a new kanban view.

Ros_Bell

Yes please and thank you.

Aaron_Clayton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Yes PLEASE to single select, linked records that can be used in Kanban!!
I produce large-scale, live events. I create large contact sheets for the teams working on the project, all of whom I will not be inviting as collaborators on my projectโ€™s airtable. Without this, I cannot assign a task to a person on my contact sheet unless Iโ€™ve invited them to airtable as a collaborator.

pwa

Also looking for this feature.

Steve_Mullin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature.

Travis_Johnson1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 This would be very valuable

Othmane_Benkira
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here! Would love this option.

Adam_Thompson

Adding my +1 as well.

My current workaround is to duplicate the Linked Record field and change it to a Single Select field. Then I can group the Kanban by that duplicated field

Brian_Cugelman

I need this too. Itโ€™s another limit pushing me away.