Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Adrian_Head
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for using Linked Fields in the Kanban View โ€“ Please help us Airtable!

Miroslav_Wiesn1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any development here @Airtable_Admin1 or others? This is really problematic as we have to maintain a โ€œSingle Selectโ€ duplicate of our Link to Records column which increases margin of error substantially. The main reason we use airtable over others is for the data relationships and removal of manual redundancy.

Theo_Michel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 to single select getting its data from a linked table. Kanban grouping would be the most obvious application, but Iโ€™m sure there would be others.

While youโ€™re at it, if that โ€œgetโ€ of the data from the linked table could be filtered based on the value of some column in the current tableโ€ฆ that would make the general feature twice as useful. i.e. donโ€™t show the data-enterer the values that arenโ€™t relevant for the particular row theyโ€™re entering.

Adrian_Head
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this functionality โ€“ This would be a game changer!

Blake_Sorrell

plus 1 here. I just started creating my first project based on a modified template and hit this limitation right away.

Steve_Ruqus

Yes please and for all the reasons already stated.

sic

Same requirement here! As an long time Airtable fan and paying user, Kanban can only be used for single select field is so inconvienent! Badly need this feature! Itโ€™s been 4 years! Plz @VictoriaPlummer

nor_work
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be great!

Vincent_Toubeau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would like also to have this kind of functionality.
I have to show a kanban view of product backlog features group by product.
very usefull for portfolio management.
Today only workaround I see is to copy as many views as number of product and to embed those views in a specific intranet page.
This features would lead many of my product owners to use airtable to show their product plans

Katya_Hott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would be incredibly helpful for me too! I use Airtable to analyze qualitative data. This functionality would enable me to use a Kanban view for affinity mapping, and then have the emergent themes live in a linked table where I could add notes, opportunities, and other context. I could see other UX Researchers benefitting from this structure as well.