Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Keyboard shortcut for delete record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Subject says all. Would be a nice enhancement. Mousing around interrupts my flow.

Cheers, Arthur.

16 Comments
Michael_Salafia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Airtable, please develop a Delete Record keyboard shortcut ASAP. This is an essential feature.
Thank you,
Michael Salafia

Leo_Ringer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Another ask for this, really important shortcut, please create!

AlexDias

Been looking for a way to do that too, and after a lot of fiddling around I just found out that Cmd+Backspace will actually delete a record! Was that what you were all after?

Oh and while Iโ€™m at it, you can also move a record up and down using Option+Up/Down :raised_hands: I almost cried when I discovered that just recently haha I guess Airtable has been trying to hide those away from us, theyโ€™re not even listed in the help center article on keyboard shortcuts!

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

:exploding_head: :partying_face:

Great stuff! Whatโ€™s up Airtable!?

For others joining in, to move records around you first have to select the row (no shortcut for that?). :winking_face:

AlexDias

Glad it helped :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So I kept investigating andโ€ฆ turns out thereโ€™s plenty more shortcuts listed in the keyboard shortcut help dialog (which you can toggle by hitting Cmd+/), and those I mentioned in my previous post are in there:

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2020-10-14 aฬ€ 11.10.06

I canโ€™t see any shortcut to bring the records into focus when youโ€™re in unfocused state though, too bad :frowning:

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

They need to update the help page though. Didnโ€™t know about the existence of the help dialog eitherโ€ฆ