Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatic Follower-Count for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Links

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I’d love to be able to create a column, that when linked to a URL column for Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, rolled-up the follower-count, and updated live. This would be HUGE for everyone using Airtable to track social media. In our case, we’re leveraging Gallery View to build a casting base, but we need to be able to sort my total influence. Right now, we’re entering the follower-counts manually, and they grow stale the second you hit return.

10 Comments
Mathew_Chan1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be fantastic! We use Airtable to manage our own “CRM” of influencers in our industry and we direly need a way to keep track of their latest social stats, as well as communication with them.

This would help us as an ecommerce company to track shipments and such as well.

Josh_Sultan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve been searching the internet, trying to learn python, or find any tool that can help me do this. I have been using this script to get instagram followers to populate when i give my spreadsheet their instagram url.

=IMPORTXML(A1,"//meta[@name=‘description’]/@content")

the a1 column uses this formula

=ArrayFormula(FormResponces!N2:N)

I would love to do this in reverse and give airtable a list of names on a table populated by my vcf import, have it find their instagram, list followers, link in bio, contact, ect. it feels tedious to need to do this one at a time.

Neon_Rose
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did anyone figure this out? How to automatically pull in instagram follower counts to airtable?

Orian_Bortz1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

yes This would be amazingly useful!!! Hope to get updates

Sabel_Peterson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Josh_Sultan Could you send a screenshot of your board? If this works it would be incredibly helpful!

PaulinoPo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
I spend a lot of time on various social networks because I once worked as a music group manager. It was necessary to monitor the activity of the audience.

There are no worse social networks than TikTok, Twitter, and Tumblr. Seriously, there’s a terrible community there. Twitter, though, tries to pretend to be a rainbow place with kind people, but it’s all a hoax.
I like Instagram the most. This is a convenient platform for personal blogging, product promotion, etc. After I started using this service , it has become even easier to maintain a stable influx of audience.

clark_mew
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

thanks for the latest version of urlebird com it helped me alot to get million of views of my tiktok

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

There may be a way to do this by taking the username from each URL and sending it to the API of each platform and seeing what info you can get. You could make a simple python API that you can talk to from your base via a script or an app. The python API could talk to the twitter API, insta API etc.

Could be possible! Haven’t tried it yet though.

Tom_Adcock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Gavin, did you ever give this a go? Very interested in being able to set this up if it’s possible.

airtable_user
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Tom,

I’ve got an API I’ve built for the various social networks to get follower counts. It is currently saving some people a lot of time tracking follower accounts for their clients.

I’m thinking of turning it into an Airtable extension with a small monthly fee for unlimited queries. The APIs change pretty regularly and require maintenance, hence the fee.

If this is something you’re interested in accessing if I turned it into an extension, email me at: from@duck.com